John L. Smallwood is President of Smallwood Wealth Management and affiliated companies. A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, provides investment consulting and financial plan design for corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and professionals. John’s strength lies in his ability and commitment to continually improve the level and quality of the planning process. It is his objective to provide a process of repositioning assets to help decrease risk, decrease taxation and increase protection. His clients recognize a coordinated long-term approach to wealth creation and preservation. His dedication to his clients’ growth involves an evolving strategy that strives to meet the demands, desires, and needs of his clients in a continually changing economic environment.
- Partner at Smallwood Wealth Management
- Graduate of Bentley College, BS in economics and finance
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification received in 1993
- Lectured at Entrepreneurs Conference by Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley, and Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Lectured for Johns Hopkins Current Concepts in Ophthalmology
- Past president of the Red Bank Rotary Club; 2003–2004, past chairman of Red Bank Rotary Foundation
- Member of Ohio National Field Advisory Board 2014-2015
- Investment Adviser Representative with Smallwood Wealth Management/Hanlon Wealth Management.
- Recipient of the Five StarSM Wealth Manager Award for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
John and his wife, Sharon, reside in Shrewsbury, New Jersey, with their children, Jack, Jared, Christopher, and Eve. Jack currently attends University of Pennsylvania and Jared attends the Gabelli School Business at Fordham University.
Five Star Wealth Manager: Based on 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria, including a minimum of 5 years as an active credentialed financial professional, favorable regulatory and complaint history, accepts new clients, client retention rates, client assets administered, education, and professional designations. 26,955 New Jersey wealth managers were considered for the award; 672 (3 percent of the award candidates) were named 2015 Five Star Wealth Managers. (The criteria provided reflects the most recent year for which advisor received the award. The criteria used, the number of wealth managers considered for the award, and the percentage of those who receive the award, may vary from year to year). These awards are not indicative of the wealth managers’ future performance. Your experiences may vary. For more information, please visit www.fivestarprofessional.com.
Investment Advisory Services provided by Smallwood Wealth Management/Hanlon Investment Management, an SEC registered investment advisor. Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments, Member FINRA/SIPC. Headquartered at 18 Corporate Woods Blvd., Albany, NY 12211. Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments and Smallwood Wealth Management/Hanlon Investment Management are not affiliated companies.