John L. Smallwood is President of Smallwood Wealth Management and affiliated companies. A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, provides investment consulting and financial plan design for corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and professionals. John's strength lies in his ability and commitment to continually improve the level and quality of the planning process. It is his objective to provide a process of repositioning assets to help decrease risk, decrease taxation and increase protection. His clients recognize a coordinated long-term approach to wealth creation and preservation. His dedication to his clients' growth involves an evolving strategy that strives to meet the demands, desires, and needs of his clients in a continually changing economic environment.
- Partner at Smallwood Wealth Management
- Graduate of Bentley College, BS in economics and finance
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification received in 1993
- Lectured at Entrepreneurs Conference by Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley, and Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Lectured for Johns Hopkins Current Concepts in Ophthalmology
- Past president of the Red Bank Rotary Club; 2003–2004, past chairman of Red Bank Rotary Foundation
- Member of Ohio National Field Advisory Board 2014-2015
- Investment Adviser Representative with Smallwood Wealth Management.
- Five StarSM Wealth Manager Seven Year Winner.*
- Author of "5 Ways Your Wealth Is Under Attack" book
- Author of "It's Your Wealth-Keep It" book
- Creator of "Your Wealth Curve"
- Creator of the seminar "Retire ASAP" "As Safe As Possible, As Soon As Possible"
John and his wife, Sharon, reside in Rumson, New Jersey, with their children, Jack, Jared, Christopher, and Eve. Jack graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 2018, Jared attends the Gabelli School of Business at Fordham University, Chris attends Syracuse University at the Whitman School of Management and Eve attends a local high school.
Investment Advisory Services provided by Smallwood Wealth Investment Management, LLC, an SEC registered investment advisor. Headquartered at 199 Broad Street, Red Bank NJ 07701-2056. Securities offered through Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments, Member FINRA/SIPC Headquartered at 80 State Street, Albany, NY 12207. Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments and Smallwood Wealth Investment Management, LLC are not affiliated companies.