COVID-19 Webinar: The 2nd Stimulus Package
Welcome to our COVID-19 Webinar, in which John Smallwood, a certified financial planner, cuts through the financial noise and helps you understand the impacts on your financial future.
In this 1-hour webinar, John and his partner Edward Bao, CFP®, AIF® discuss the second stimulus bill and the fundamentals of financial planning that will help us withstand current economic pressures.
John is the author of 5 Ways Your Wealth is Under Attack and It’s Your Wealth – Keep It.” He has lectured extensively on financial planning and is a recipient of the Five StarSM Wealth Manager Award.
Don’t miss these important takeaways:
- The Fed has announced $2.3 trillion of additional stimulus, which includes “Paycheck Protection Program” (PPP) loans.
- These loans are designed as incentives for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll.
- People who are self-employed (Schedule C) can also apply for them, covering up to $100,000 of earnings.
- The loans are forgivable, which will be a tremendous stimulus to the economy.
- Lessons from history are instructive, and encourage us that we can weather this storm:
- Don’t pull out of the market.
- Keep core assets in place.
- Make sure your assets are balanced – especially among all asset classes.
- Ensure you have corporate bonds, emerging market bonds, and municipal bonds in your portfolio.
Downturns often come when we least expect them. The fundamentals that we have always taught our clients are more important than ever.
For details, watch here. If you are new to Smallwood Wealth, schedule a Wealth Curve Conversation by clicking this link.
You can also connect with us on social media or call us at (800) 797-1000.
Set up a free, no-obligation 30-minute phone call with an advisor to discuss your financial plan and what you can do in the face of the financial uncertainty brought about by COVID-19. We want all existing clients to set up an annual review right now—not six months from now.
How will you set up the next three months?
Your answer may determine what your next 5 years will be like.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download