In this episode, John Smallwood of Smallwood Wealth Management takes a look at the history of the markets in the US to illustrate the possibility that a down market is coming very soon. He stresses that you need to both be ready to take advantage of it, and protect your sources of retirement income from down market pressures.
John is the author of the 2018 Business Owner’s Guide. He has lectured extensively on financial planning and has received the Five StarSM Wealth Manager Award for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
John’s strength lies in his ability and commitment to continually improve the level and quality of the financial planning process. His dedication to his clients’ growth involves an evolving strategy that strives to meet the demands, desires, and needs of his clients in a continually changing economic environment.
Need-to-know points from this episode:
- We’re in one of the longest sustained bull markets in the history of bull markets, which began in March 2009.
- The history of US markets since 1926 indicates that the average bull market lasted 9 years (with a cumulative return of 474%).
- Given that history, it is safe to assume that we may be coming to the end of this bull market.
- History also shows that the average bear market lasted 1.4 years, with an average cumulative loss of 41%.
- Are you prepared for the down market?
- Have you made arrangements to protect yourself? Are your income sources in the right arrangement? Do you have the right buffers in place to protect them?
- Every time the market is down, there are opportunities. Will you be able to benefit from the opportunities that are presented? Do you have the money in place?
Give us a call at 732-542-1565 or schedule a free 30-minute wealth conversation. We look forward to speaking with you.
Are you ready to increase your profit growth by 25%? John will show you how in the 2018 Business Owner’s Guide To Maximizing Your Benefits From The 2018 Tax Cuts.
Click here to get your complimentary copy.
New Jersey | New York | Connecticut