Bull Market vs Bear Market: Are You Prepared?
In this bull market vs bear market episode, John takes a look at the history of the markets in the US to illustrate the possibility that a down market is coming very soon. He stresses that you need to both be ready to take advantage of it, and protect your sources of retirement income from down market pressures.
John’s strength is his ability and commitment to improve the level and quality of the financial planning process.
Need-to-know points from this episode:
- Firstly, we’re in one of the longest sustained bull markets in the history of bull markets, which began in March 2009.
- Secondly, the history of US markets since 1926 indicates that the average bull market lasted 9 years (with a cumulative return of 474%).
- Given that history, it is safe to assume that we may be coming to the end of this bull market.
- History also shows that the average bear market lasted 1.4 years, with an average cumulative loss of 41%.
- Are you prepared for the down market?
- Have you made arrangements to protect yourself? Are your income sources in the right arrangement? Do you have the right buffers in place to protect them?
- Lastly, every time the market is down, there are opportunities. Will you be able to benefit from the opportunities that are presented? Do you have the money in place?
Give us a call at 732-542-1565 or schedule a Wealth Curve Conversation here.
We look forward to speaking with you.