In Crisis: America’s Retirement Income
In this episode, John Smallwood of Smallwood Wealth Management discusses the sources of retirement income and reviews both the negative and positive pressures on your wealth.
John is the author of 5 Ways Your Wealth is Under Attack. He has lectured extensively on financial planning and has received the Five StarSM Wealth Manager Award for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
John’s strength lies in his ability and commitment to continually improve the level and quality of the financial planning process. His dedication to his clients’ growth involves an evolving strategy that strives to meet the demands, desires, and needs of his clients in a continually changing economic environment.
Highlights from this must-watch episode:
- It used to be that over two-thirds of a retiree’s income came from his or her pension + Social Security, while one third came from personal savings.
- Sources of retirement income are now a mix of Social Security, earnings, asset income, pensions, and other sources such as gifts.
- Within that mix, Social Security and pensions now make up only 50% of a retiree’s income, not the 60% of yesteryear.
- A little less than 30% of a retiree’s income comes from earnings, while even less comes from asset income.
- This adds up to a crisis of retirement income.
- People are not accumulating the amount of wealth that allows them to maintain their standard of living.
John wants you to understand what your retirement income sources are, how much of them are guaranteed, how much of them are subject to volatility, and how you modify that so that you can retire comfortably.
Give us a call at 732-542-1565 or schedule a free 30-minute wealth conversation. We look forward to speaking with you.
The 2018 Business Owner’s Guide To Maximizing Your Benefits From The 2017 Tax Cuts
Click here to download your FREE guide!
New Jersey | New York | Connecticut