What’s in Your Junk Drawer?
Welcome to the Wealth under Pressure Podcast, in which John Smallwood, a certified financial planner, identifies key areas of pressure on your wealth and strategizes with you to reduce it.
In this episode, John discusses the state of your financial plan. Is it like your junk drawer, with a little bit of this and a little bit of that in it, in no discernible order? If so, John’s got a solution for you.
John is the author of 5 Ways Your Wealth is Under Attack. He has lectured extensively on financial planning and has received the Five StarSM Wealth Manager Award for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
John’s strength lies in his ability and commitment to continually improve the level and quality of the financial planning process. His dedication to his clients’ growth involves an evolving strategy that strives to meet the demands, desires, and needs of his clients in a continually changing economic environment.
Don’t miss John’s key points:
- Your financial plan may be a lot like your junk drawer. You know some of the things that are in there, like your income, taxes, maybe a retirement account, some insurance. But you don’t know how they all fit together.
- When your financial plan is in disarray, you can’t know what your trajectory is. Are you on the right path to get yourself safely to retirement?
- What if you’re paying too much in taxes? How would you know?
- Your accountant prepares the document. You write a check, get a check back, or defer it to next year.
- But is your tax-paying strategic? Are you paying what you should be paying in taxes?
- Our Wealth Curve Blueprint takes the junk drawer state of your financials and organizes all of the contents in a manner that—maybe for the first time in your life—gives you an understanding of all the aspects of your financial plan.
- Once you have it organized, you may find out it’s perfect. Our Wealth Curve Scorecard lets you know whether your plan is on target towards a great financial strategy.
- Your financial junk drawer needs to be cleaned out on a regular basis. You may have a plan but it needs to be reviewed at least annually to make sure it takes into account all of the variables that could potentially destroy your wealth.
For more, listen above. Then visit us at smallwoodassociates.com and click the “let’s get started” button, connect with us on social media, or call us at (800) 797-1000.
If you’re one of my clients, and we haven’t seen each other in a while, let’s do a catch-up call. Let’s redo your Blueprint and check your Scorecard. If you aren’t yet a client, give me a call! Let’s create your Wealth Curve Blueprint and Scorecard and get you on the right track.