Protect Your #1 Asset
In this episode, John explains that your ability to earn income is the number one asset you have in financial planning. He is joined with Senior Wealth Advisor Ed Bao and Disability Specialist Alicia Vivenzio from National Ohio. Together they discuss how important disability coverage is and how it may be one of the most misunderstood and under-insured assets out there.
Don’t miss these takeaways:
- Misthinking around employer provided disability coverage
- Misconceptions around disability insurance and income protection
- What 90% of disability claims are (may not be what you think)
- The domino effects of a disability on future goals, family and lifestyle
- How “positive cashflow” (a common denominator in most financial goals) can be stopped dead in its tracks
- The “must-have” on any life insurance policy
- “Own Occupation” and how for professionals, it may be the most important part of a disability policy
- The “meat and potatoes” part of your contract that will tell if you’re eligible to get a benefit from your policy
- Resources on disability statistics and how to prepare for a possible disability
Next steps? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line put “free disability report”or visit free-disability-report.com and we will provide you a simulation.
If you’re an existing client, schedule a Wealth Curve Catch-up call here. If you are new to Smallwood Wealth, schedule a Wealth Curve Conversation here. You can also connect with us on social media, or call us at (800) 797-1000. Set up a free, no-obligation 30-minute phone call with a qualified advisor. We’ll help you understand your current plan and how you can protect your financial future.