In this episode, John Smallwood of Smallwood Wealth Management discusses withdrawal rates and retirement, and the probability of your money lasting through retirement.
John is the author of 5 Ways Your Wealth is Under Attack. He has lectured extensively on financial planning and has received the Five StarSM Wealth Manager Award for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
John’s strength lies in his ability and commitment to continually improve the level and quality of the financial planning process. His dedication to his clients’ growth involves an evolving strategy that strives to meet the demands, desires, and needs of his clients in a continually changing economic environment.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to read BlackRock’s 2016 chart of monthly withdrawal rates for different ratios of stocks to bonds in a portfolio, over different time ranges.
- How to adjust your monthly withdrawal rate depending on your ratio of stocks to bonds to ensure that you have income all the way through retirement:
- Lower withdrawal rates increase the probability that you will make it through a 30-year period.
- But―too low of a withdrawal rate will not allow you to live at your accustomed lifestyle.
- You want to find that “sweet spot” that gives you a higher probability of having income over the long haul, at an acceptable standard of living.
At Smallwood Wealth, we recognize that strategy is extremely important for achieving results in the long run. Give us a call at 732-542-1565 and schedule a time to have a conversation or here on our website you’ll see “Contact us,” and “Schedule an appointment.”
The 2018 Business Owner’s Guide To Maximizing Your Benefits From The 2017 Tax Cuts
Click here to download your FREE guide!
We look forward to speaking with you.
New Jersey | New York | Connecticut